Monday 19 November 2012

Problem-Based Learning Reflection

After having gone through Problem-Based learning in class, I feel that it is a rather impressive way to promote learning. My first perspective of it before class was that it would be a rather futile idea to go about solving a problem this way because there would be lots of time wasted on the whole process.

I would have preferred focusing on the main idea behind a project. However, after going through Problem-Based Learning with the tutor, I realized that this kind of Problem-solving actually helps me to go more in depth into learning, and take pride in what I learn, because I will have to share something which I have researched on with my fellow group mates.

Peer-sharing sessions have built up my self-confidence, and help me take pride in what I have learnt. I see Problem-Based Learning as coming up with a systematic way of handling a project, from start to finish. It also helps me come up with the fundamental ideas for a project before starting it.

From Problem-Based Learning, I have learn about how important foundations can be. If there are not enough knowledge on the subject at hand, it will be very hard to come up with a solution to tackle the problem.

Problem-based Learning also helped me know more about how dynamic and versatile my group can be, because every one of us has our strong and weak points. By compensating for the flaws of one another, I believe we will be able to work very well as a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment